Whether you’re Irish or not, St. Patrick’s Day is a fun holiday and an excuse to throw a festive party! Since this holiday only happens once a year, there’s no need to go buy themed flatware and leprechaun decorations. With these ideas you can decorate your house for St. Patty’s Day without breaking the bank!
1. Sprinkle shamrock confetti or metallic garlands in a hurricane vase (or any other glass vase with a wide mouth) and place a green candle inside for a glowing centerpiece.
|Max Hurricane Vase and Echo Verde Candle|
2. Purchase several packs of plastic gold coins, available at most dollar or craft stores, to scatter around the mantle or table for extra glitz.
|Gold Milk Chocolate Coins www.candywarehouse.com|
3. Cut shamrock garlands in 5” sections or use green ribbon to wrap around wine glasses, making simple stemware fun and festive.
Go to website for template
4. Create delicate napkin holders by tying twine or ribbon around your napkin rolls and embellish with an artificial, or real if you can find one, four leaf clover.
5. Give the gift of luck! Purchase bags of oxalis seeds, more commonly known as shamrocks, from your local nursery and send your friends home with a gift that keeps giving. Write your guests’ names on them in green pen and they can double as a place card!
|Lucky Gold Shamrocks|
6. Create a beautiful mantle with shamrock garland made from wire & construction paper. You can also use dried flowers, green vases and other found items around your house. If you want to go the extra mile, print out the Irish Blessing, frame it and place it where it will be seen by your guests during dinner.
Text: Amanda Harris