This post originally appeared on The Fashionable Wife blog
My grandmother makes the best peach cobbler. Not too doughy, not too sweet. It is absolutely delicious! Peach cobbler is one of hubby's favorite desserts, and it was time I learned how to make it!
So, this weekend after we went to the farmers market, I made Peach Cobbler with her. And now, lucky for you, I am sharing her recipe with you!
Maw-maw's Peach Cobbler:
3/4 stick of butter
1 cup sugar (divided into 1/4 cup and 3/4 cup)
3/4 cup of self rising flour
3/4 cup of milk
Peaches (amount varies, depending on personal preference)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Start by boiling water and dropping in peaches for about 2 minutes. This makes it easier to peel the skin off the peaches.
2. Once the peaches are done, remove the skins an cut into pieces
3. Mix 1/4 cup sugar in with the peaches. This makes some juice.
4. Put butter in a dish and put in the oven until melted.
5. Mix in a separate bowl flour, sugar (3/4 cup) and milk.
6. Pour mixture in the bottom of the dish with the butter in it. Make sure to put your dish on a cookie sheet in case anything bubbles over in the oven.
7. Spoon in peaches in an even layer
8. Bake in oven for about an hour.
I like my peach cobbler warm and topped with ice cream! My Husband likes to add a little bit of cinnamon to his.
For more information about guest blogging, email email@example.com